In this important episode, we talk about what keeps parents up at night when it comes to feeling over-whelmed and burned out while raising teens.
- New research indicates that the biggest concern parents have today is about their teen’s mental health.
- The adolescent brain is wired to seek out reward by engaging in high-risk behavior.
- Parents still have the most influence over their teens. Even though your teen may suggest differently, they are listening to you. Your voice is in their head.
- Parents need to talk with their teens about their family values. What’s ok and what’s not.
- Parents can learn to collaborate with other parents who are trusted confidants to talk about the issues at hand.
- Smart phones and online engagement is one of the biggest contributors to teen mental health concerns. Their brain can be inundated with stressful information about worldwide issues that they are not equipped to process.
- Social media is an addiction.
- When your teen is ready to talk, it’s important for you to be there for them.
- Puberty is happening at an earlier age for most kids and they are experiencing body changes at a time when their brain is not ready to understand the changes.